As we age, we’re mindful of our overall health through regular physicals, doctor visits and exercise. Why is driving a vehicle any different?
Loss of personal independence is one of the top worries for most aging seniors. Losing the right to drive can be emotionally traumatic for senior drivers and their families. DrivingMBA can help with that difficult decision through comprehensive driving assessments.
AAA and NHTSA recommend regular senior driving assessments to test skills and reactions as we age. As the technology in our cars continues to evolve, interacting with this technology, while concentrating on the road, can be challenging and a little scary for some seniors. That fear can cause panic and confusion, which can ultimately lead to tragedy on the road.
Aging seniors can experience challenges in a variety of senses that can affect their ability to drive safely. Loss of eyesight and hearing, slower reaction times, or the onset of medical conditions like Alzheimer’s and dementia, are all normal aging conditions that can make driving dangerous for the driver and others.
The Senior Assessment takes anywhere from two to three hours and includes a detailed report with a recommendation, based on performance. If after the assessment we determine that the driver is in need of “brushing up” on specific skills, we will design a customized driver training program to meet their specific needs.
Call us today to learn more about this worthwhile program! Or listen to the interview below to hear more about how the assessment benefits seniors and their families.
Interview on Senior Assessments
Why Consider A Senior Assessment
01. Comfortable and Safe Environment
02. Visual, cognitive, and reaction abilities tested
03. Assessment performed utilizing state-of-the-art simulators
04. Feedback and recommendations are given based on the assessment
06. Fast and easy process
07. A worthwhile investment
Schedule An Assessment
We know this can be a difficult topic to cover with a aging adult which is why the Senior Driver Assessment is a great way to allow an impartial third party to provide the feedback. It is important that all of us stay safe on the roadways; call us today at 480-948-1648 to schedule your assessment.
Arizona’s only AAA Approved Driving School
- Provide novice driver and/or driver improvement programs.
- Have instructors that are certified by the MVD.
- Offer a reduced rate to AAA members.
- Have a clean report from the BBB.
- Be in good financial standing and not have any outstanding lawsuits on file with the Attorney General’s office.
- Maintain at least a 90 percent customer approval rating.
- Either teach AAA curriculum or agree to a thorough review of their curriculum by AAA driver training staff.
- Undergo annual inspection of the school, equipment, curriculum and vehicles.
- Hold liability insurance.
- Agree to binding arbitration in the event of a dispute between a AAA member and the school.
ADOT MVD Authorized Third-Party Providers
Driving MBA is authorized by ADOT to provide driver's license services, including written and road tests. Click here to learn more about the authorized third-party program.
Call Us Today