DrivingMBA is Arizona’s only AAA approved driving school, view DrivingMBA certification on the AAA website. Below is information regarding the AAA Approved School Network:
What is the Approved Driving School Network?
Initially created as a pilot program by AAA Arizona in 2004, the AAA Approved Driving School Network (ADSN) serves the need for guidance on choosing a driving school. ADSN operates on the same principles as AAA’s highly successful Approved Auto Repair (AAR) program, which inspects and approves auto repair facilities. ADSN schools have undergone a similar process in order to become approved.
The sad fact is, traffic crashes continue to be the number one cause of death for teens and adults, killing an estimated 43,000 people on our nation’s roadways every year. AAA believes an educated driver is a safer driver, and these tragic statistics underscore the need for better driver education programs. AAA is proud to be able to meet this important need. Consumers trust AAA for a variety of automotive resources and information, and now they can add driver training to that list.
What is the ADSN selection process?
Consumers who select ADSN can rest easy knowing they have selected a driving school that has met high standards for driver training. AAA has developed a stringent list of requirements that ADSN schools must meet in order to become approved. The approval process is not easy, ensuring that only the best who apply for ADSN become approved.
To become an Approved Driving School, schools must:
- Provide novice driver and/or driver improvement programs.
- Have instructors that are certified by the MVD.
- Offer a reduced rate to AAA members.
- Have a clean report from the BBB.
- Be in good financial standing and not have any outstanding lawsuits on file with the Attorney General’s office.
- Maintain at least a 90 percent customer approval rating.
- Either teach AAA curriculum or agree to a thorough review of their curriculum by AAA driver training staff.
- Undergo annual inspection of the school, equipment, curriculum and vehicles.
- Hold liability insurance.
- Agree to binding arbitration in the event of a dispute between a AAA member and the school.